Saturday, February 20, 2021

Trainwreck To Start, Never Got Back On Track

 

10.25" Glow Demon/Minnow

8" Rippin Rap

Cluster

4:30-7:00PM 16' 2021 Spot
18-21℉, Sunny, 4-10mph SE

Nothing was going on to start so I got completely set up. For some reason, I was having trouble picking up THE Jig on the Vex. I had to turn the gain up to 4.  Pike came in first thing when I was trying to get the Rippin Raps on rods. I didn't notice the bobber went down, so I was late to set the hook and the line broke almost immediately, drats. I used that opportunity to replace the second bobber stop which came off yesterday. Finally got that straightened out and got a minnow back down the hole. Missed a pretty good size sunfish that sucked in THE Jig. Then I got the 10.25" Crappie on the jig. It caught the minnow line on the way up then got all wrapped around the transducer cable. Another PIA. It was now getting almost too dark to see on the camera. I got the crappie on the Rippin Rap. The camera was out of position after that, grrr. It was slow with a lot of Lookie Lou's. Got a couple fish on THE Jig. As I was packing up  I got 3 crappies on THE Jig. In my haste to get over to Steve's, I forgot to pack my rods in the car. Realized the mistake when I got home. I wish I would have put the stuff I had taken out of the truck, back in. I would have gone fishing again had I had the stuff.

14 Crappies

No comments: