Friday, February 19, 2021

Slow Night Tonight

6' Jigging Rap (Rainbow Trout)

4:30-6:30PM 16' 2021 Spot
5-17℉, PC, 0-4mph SW

When I was first putting lines down I had a school of fish show up in the upper half of the water column. I think they might have been little sunfish. I had a few bites but didn't hook anything. Eventually, I got the camera put down. The first thing to come in was a pike. I spooked it when I put the 1/2oz Rippin Rap down. Then I had some crips come and I actually hooked an 8-incher on the 1/2oz Rippin Rap. I had another pike pay a visit and nibble on the camera. Had a mixed school of perch, sunnies, and crappies come through. The action was on the slow tonight. I probably would have caught more had I not been trying to catch them on the Jigging Rap. I did get 5 on the Bear Trax Glow Demon/minnow and 5 on THE Jig. I only got the one on the Jigging Rap. Half the fish were under 8-inches tonight. I ran out of propane just after 6PM. 

 

No comments: