Saturday, February 27, 2021

Rock Again Tonight

9" THE Jig

4:30-7:00PM 16' 2021 Spot
33-35℉, MC, 0-2mph NE
Visibility was the highest it's been,

The wind yesterday made finding my holes impossible. I only drilled one set with a plan to drill more if I wasn't getting anything. I marked fish pretty quickly, so I put the camera down and they were a couple of crappies. They nipped at THE jig and my minnow but didn't inhale. I put the Mini-Rippin Rap down and that attracted a pike. I watched him come in and attack. I got my minnow pulled up, transducer and camera out. It went on several runs then came off. Oh well, long-line release. Had several more crappies come through nip and not inhale. I put on a smaller minnow and that got inhaled. I pulled the camera up shortly after that. I got one 10-incher on THE Jig, the rest were 8-9". The minnow fish ran 7-8.5". Caught slightly more on THE Jig.

23 Crip
1 Pike


 

No comments: