Thursday, February 25, 2021

Caught A Slab and Some Little Ones Tonight


12.75" 1.14lbs THE Jig (Glow/Pink)


Size of the other one's I was catching
4:00-7:00PM 14-16' My Spot
30-35℉, PC, 3-8mph SSW

I drilled out the usual holes and put 3 or 4 single holes down to the South. Started in the 2021 spot holes, nothing. Briefly marked something in the next set toward the cane. Very perchy. In the CSP holes, there were a billion small perch swimming around. The holes closest to the cane had some little sunnies that vacated when I put my lures down. I worked on each of the new holes for 15 to 20 minutes marking a few perch probably. At about 5:20 I went to the holes out from the 2021 and didn't mark anything so after 5 minutes I went to the holes just beyond the 2021 Holes where I haven't caught a thing this year. I was marking stuff here pretty consistently. The first fish was a small crip on the minnow that took the bobber down without me noticing because I was working a fish on the vex. I think I got three clones and missed a few bites on THE Jig. I then hooked into something with some heft that took THE Jig. I figured it was a small pike. Much to my surprise, it was a slab that was barely hooked. I managed to land it. I caught 4 more little guys on the minnow 4 little guys on THE Jig and 1 on the Glow Demon Spoon.

11 Crappies

No comments: