Sunday, April 28, 2019

Windy Evening At the GOMH

Should have taken more pictures, none turned out 11.5"

23" Storm 2" Swim Shad

Funky Clouds (Click to enlarge)
6:30-10:30PM GOMH SW NE
47-42℉, Cloudy some sprinkles, 4-25mph E NE SE
High Water

Much to my delight, no one was at the GOMH tonight until Lantern Man showed up.  I started off on the SW side and caught the golden bullhead right away on the Storm Swim Shad.  I got a couple of jumpin' bullheads. The wind really picked up around 7:30 so I gave the NE side a try.  I lost a really nice jumper over there.  I  managed to land a few as well.  I headed back to the SW side around 8:30PM when the wind settled down for a bit.  I got that first silver bullhead just as Lantern Man arrived.  I only got 3 silvers for the night.  I missed a couple of bites.  LM took up the SE side and he got one keeper, 3 small silvers, and a couple of jumpers.  He left at about 10:15 and I left at 10:30PM.  The darn wind kept changing and we never figured anything out about how to unlock the silvers tonight.

No comments: