Tuesday, April 23, 2019

1st Silver Bullhead of the Year

12.75" Cubby Mini-Mite/maggots


Worked on the Trophy Today
7:00-7:25PM GOMH NE
7:30-8:10PM  Bulldog
8:15-10:00PM GOMH SE SW

67-53℉, Partly Cloudy 0-7mph,
Water Level High and rising

Dad didn't want to get up so I headed up to the lake place on my own.  The first job was to move the lawn tractor.  I couldn't get it started, so I called Dad and he came up.  While I was waiting for him to get there I tested out the new auto-bilge pump. Dad got the tractor started.  I didn't push the throttle up high enough to get it in the choke position.  We pushed the Trophy out of the garage.  I got it vacuumed out.  At first, it wasn't sucking very hard.  I took off the hose and it was filled up with sand.  Once I got it cleared it worked a whole lot better.  I couldn't get the bow light to work.  I've still got to switch out the bilges and get some other things done.  I hope to have it in the water by Friday at the latest.

I started out at the GOMH.  The guy with the orange/brown truck was there again.  This time on the SW side.  It was fairly windy out of the South, so I went down on the NE side.  I think a fish rolled across the way along the cattails.  I think I got a bite in the general area on the Cubby but I missed it.  This guy named Dave who has a place on Sullivan showed up and was going to fish off the bridge so I packed up.  I talked to him on the way back to the car.

I then went to Bulldog.  I had what was probably a bass eat the Rocket Bobber. That was the only bite I got.  I went back to the GOMH and the guy with o/b truck was still there fishing the SW side.  He didn't get anything and left at about a quarter to 9PM.  He said he got about 10 jumpers.  I missed what I think was a small toothy.  I then went to the SW and got the one silver bullhead on the Cubby Mini-Mite.  I may have missed one more bite. Sure would have been nice to have some minnows.  I wrapped it up just before 10PM.

No comments: