Thursday, April 25, 2019

Trophy In, Caught a Few Bullheads On NFL Draft Day

12" Glow Demon/minnow

30" Craw Tube (White)


So I headed to the lake place at about 1:30PM.  Getting the prop put back on and the trolling motor mounted went smoothly.  The bow light still didn't work and I realized getting the new bilge pump connected was going to require me getting that stuck wingnut off the terminal.  I called and told him to bring some WD40.  Dad didn't find any WD40 but brought some lubricant that Pete brought up last fall.  He suggested I spray the lubricant in the light receptacle.  I'll be darned that worked.  I made a little headway on the wingnut, but it was extremely slow.  Meanwhile, the CO detectors were going off in the lake place which Dad had opened up.  I propped the porch door open and found a pipe wrench in the basement.  The pipe wrench allowed Dad and I to get enough leverage to get the wingnut off.  I then ran to Bear Trax to get a different wingnut and some minnows.  I think we headed to the Platte Lake Access at around a quarter to 4.  The motor started right up and I was off. Victory Achieved!

7:00-7:20 Bulldog
7:30-10:30PM GOMH SW
57-47℉, Sunny, 2-35mph
High rising

I decided to hit Bulldog first.  Nothing was going on there, so I quickly packed up for the GOMH and was pleasantly surprised no one was there. I set up on the SW side.  I started out getting a jumper on the Swim Shad after many casts.  I thought the toothy might be a dogfish the way it was bulldogging me. Nope, just another big toothy critter.  A bullhead fisherman showed up around 9PM.  He fished the Northside for maybe 10 minutes then joined me on the Southside.  After about 10-minutes I got a 12-inch silver.  That was the only silver bite of the night.  The bullhead fisherman caught a dogfish and mumbled something about them eating sunfish and walleye eggs.  He also lost a bullhead and left just before 10PM.  I stayed until 10:30PM.  It was clear and the wind had died down quite a bit.  Not sure when the moon was supposed to rise.  I had had enough.

Vikes got a Center

   

No comments: