Saturday, April 27, 2019

GOMH Morning And Evening Again

10" Cubby/minnow

29" Crawtube (White)

18.25" Cubby/Minnow

18.25" Cubby/Minnow
7:30-12:30PM GOMH SW SE
36-41℉, Cloudy, Calm
Water High

I didn't wake up right away, but I did eventually.  Was pleasantly surprised that no one was there.  I started on the SW side and wasn't getting much.  I went up on the bridge and popped the silver while fishing on the SE side, so I moved my stuff over there. The Asian guys showed up for about an hour and then left when no silvers would show themselves.  I got the toothy while trying for dogfish.  The only bite I got on the crawtube.  I would occasionally catch a jumpin' bullhead. I did have a small jumpin' bullhead run straight into the cattails, somehow I got it out.  I did try for oranges for a bit, but just got one small jumper on T.H.E. Jig;  After I landed the fish I thought the better of what I was doing.  Didn't want to lose my jig and Rocket Bobber.   It was nice out and nobody showed up to fish so I just stayed there until Dad called wanting the car.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.75" Cubby/Minnow

 7:00-11:00PM GOMH SE
50-34℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-4mph NW
Water High

I arrived at the GOMH as Peter W. was spooling up.  There was one other car there. A guy and chick fishing on the SW and SE sides. After talking for a couple of minutes I went down on the NE side.  Peter joined from the bridge and immediately caught a jumper.  His first open water fish of the year.  It was apparent things weren't happening on this side so I went and fished off the bridge on the SE side.  The guy said they had been getting a few jumpers and one small golden. The gal who was fishing on the SW side would occasionally bring in a jumper and one nice orange.  The guy caught 1 jumper.   Peter joined me. The Foul-Mouthed Grumpy Old Man showed up said it was too cold and left.  I brought in a couple of jumpers.  Another older guy showed up just to talk.  Four guys showed up. Peter left and the new Conservation Officer for the area showed up (CO A-Net) and checked licenses.  Right as A-Net showed up one of the 4 guys caught the first silver off of the bridge on the SW side.  The guy went over to fish the SW side.  I went down on the SE side.  The one guy started landing a silver every couple of minutes.  I started getting some alternating keepers and non-keepers.  The guy and girl only landed a couple.  It got dark enough that I switched to the lighted bobber Glow Demon rod, but the fish had shut off.  Everybody left.  I was going to pull up stakes, but right then Lantern Man showed up. I figured if he started smashing them I would just go and join him and stayed put.  It was dead.  LM missed a couple of bites.  He got a fish around 10:30PM or so.  At about 10:40 we both got one.  That was it.  I got cold and was hungry and left a little after 11PM

No comments: