Monday, April 29, 2019

Cloudy Cool Morning and Evening Trips

1.36lbs/13" Cubby/minnow

18.5" Panfish Chatterbait

Almost stole the Cubby
7:00-9:30AM GOMH NE SW
34-38℉, Cloudy some light rain, 4-8MPH NE
Water High

Jumpin' bullheads and more jumpin' bullheads.  Not a single odd silver this trip.  The Cubby/Minnow combo did work on the 11-14" inch jumpers.  Got a couple 16's as well.  Nobody else came by. A 12" broke off as I was lifting it in.  It landed on the bullrush hay.  I got down and got it before it flopped back into the lake.  I might have missed some oranges.  Had fish pulling the Cubby under then releasing it really quickly.

7:30-10:30PM GOMH NE SW
45-41℉, Cloudy, 3-6mph N
water High

Nobody was at the GOMH again tonight.  I started out on the NE side.  No doggo's and a couple of jumpers.  Went down on the SW side around 8PM.  Caught that tank jumper.  Pretty sure it is the biggest I've gotten so far this year. At about 8:45 the silvers started hitting.  It was pretty consistent for about 45 minutes.  I caught 8 of them total and missed a bunch as well.  The 13" hit like a small toothy, just like it was shot out of a Cannon.  By 9:30 the silvers were done and I didn't get another bite.  Disappointing, I thought I was really going to get into them tonight.


No comments: