Thursday, November 01, 2018

Slow Bite

5.29lbs/25+" Rage Swimmer (GS)

Heavier than he/she looked, had stuff in the belly

18.5" Jerk Shad (Tomato)
6:40-10:00PM Center Standing Rock and Harbor Mouth North Jetty
40-35℉, Cloudy to Clear, Calm to 7mph East

I had been fishing for more than an hour before I got the first fish (18.5) on the Tomato Jerk Shad off of the Center Standing Rock.  A little before 8:30PM the wind picked up to about 4-7mph coming straight at the Jetty. It took about 25 minutes for rollers to start coming in.  The casting was proving to be difficult, so I picked up the Rage Swimmer. I quickly caught an 18.5-incher and the big one at the Harbor Mouth.  Then nothing. At 9:50PM I picked up the 6'8" Avid Rod with the Crackle Jerk Shad on it.  For whatever reason, I haven't thrown the Crackle the past few nights.  I won't be throwing that particular Crackle lure anymore because on the first cast my line cut at the spool.  I was dumbfounded.  That was the lure that caught the most walleye's in October and it was gone, not to a pike, but to a backlash. COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!

I did catch a 16-incher on the Stinger Hook of the Rage Swimmer as the clock struck 10PM.
4 Eyes (Twas a tough night)

No comments: