Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Tough Bite Tonight, But I Tricked A Few

4.54lbs/23" Shad Shallow

3.04lbs/24" Jerk Shad (Ghost Shad)
24" Raileye

Took the pic of this 17.5 because I was bored
1st Fish to go for the Shad Shallow
6:30-10:00PM North Corner, NCSR, CSR
41-35℉, Cloudy to Clear, 0-4mph NW

It took half an hour to get my first bite on the Ghost Shad Jerk Shad.  I'm pretty sure it was the same rail of a walleye I caught yesterday morning.  It was an hour plus until the next bite.  In the meantime, a fish busted on something a way out from the North Corner.  I went out to stand on the NC Boulder.  I ended up hanging up the Rage Simmer and breaking it off. I almost lost the Grass Pig twice tonight as well.  I went back to the North Corner once I got the Grass Pig tied on and I got a 17.5" with it.  I also lost one or two bites on the Grass Pig.  I started running through baits: Tomato, STX, Rippin Rap, all without a bite.  A slight NW wind came up around 8:30 or so while I was running through the baits.  I put on the Shad Shallow and finally got a bite (21) on the Center Standing Rock.  Between CSR and the NC I landed 3 (19,20.5,23) more eyes for the night.  At 9:55PM I had a good one up to the rocks get off and lost another good one about 15' feet out on the very next cast.  The sky when the clouds cleared off was really something tonight with the big dipper over Indian Point.
16.11lbs
8 Eyes counted as caught tonight

No comments: