Friday, November 02, 2018

Rough Start, Took A Break, Wind Fish

22" Jerk Shad (Tomato)

(Not sure what all the blood is about on the first fish was hooked from the outside)
6:20-8:10PM Nothing!  Was calm and cold.  I was discouraged so I went and got a meatball sub.
9:00-10:00PM North Corner
32-31℉, Clear, 4-6mph SE

The wind must have started up right after I left for Subway.  As I sat in front of the South Jetty eating my sub I watched as the waves started to build.  The wind was a little lighter than last night and more out of the South.  Basically setting up perfect conditions for the North Corner to be hot and hot it was. I put on the Tomato and they were all over it.  I caught 3 fish (19.5,18,19.5) in about 15 minutes.  I then took off the Tomato and briefly tried the beat up Crackle Jerk Shad with a feathered treble.  Didn't get a bite.  I put the Tomato back on and they were even more all over it than before.  I caught 5 (20,19,18,22,17.5) fish and had 3 more pull off shortly after hooking up.  I forgot to weigh the 22-incher, doh!  I ended the night with an 18-incher on the Rage Shad.
9 Eyes (Not bad for a night I thought I might get skunked)

No comments: