Sunday, November 25, 2018

Long Lake With Pete

8" VMC Fly/Jamei/Wax
4:00-6:00PM Long Lake P30'
20-18℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-6mph NW

Headed to Long Lake with Pete on Don's recommendation.  There were two port's along the western edge of the hole.  Pete took us just little ways south of the southernmost house.  We talked to that guy and he said he got one small pike.  He drilled about 10 holes in a circle 4-5" of ice.  He lost a good fish right away.  Pete caught the first crappie at about 4:45PM.  I had my line get tangled up on my spring bobber.  Had to break it off. Lost the No-Knot Snap on the ice.  The other guy left and the farther North guy came to see if we had a phone.  I forgot mine and Pete didn't have service.  I had a good mark move in while we were talking with the guy.  He left.  I got a couple 8-inchers on the VMC Fly/Jamei/Wax Worm.  Pete ended up keeping 5 and releasing 1.

2 Crip
6 Crip Pete

No comments: