Monday, November 19, 2018

Skunked In the 1st Ice Trip

A tracked vehicle skirted the shore and pulled out a dark house
Amazingly enough, I got my crap together and headed out to ice fish today. I went to Bear Trax and picked up minnows and waxies. So I went to Bulldog first.  About 30 feet beyond the reeds I broke through on the second poke.  So I headed to Platte Lake Public Access where I knew the ice was safe.  There were a couple of portables out about 150 yards or so to the North West.  I went about 150 yards out to the NE into about 14' of water.  I drilled three sets of holes.  Realized I forgot my lantern at home.  Didn't mark anything in them.   Fished two sets of holes.  Talked to a guy who was walking back from way up the lake that got into crappies and gills.  He said he wasn't sure going that far was worth it.  The other houses left before that happened.  I went over to the holes to the North West.  Didn't mark anything there and called it a night.



No comments: