Thursday, November 29, 2018

Rock Lake Sunfish & A Couple Crip's As Well

Forgot the Camera, so no pictures.

4:00-7:30PM Rock Lake
27℉, Cloudy light snow, 0-3 MPH S

Kaylee snuck out while I was putting stuff in the car, Doh.  So I went down to fill the front tire and the parents came home.  Kaylee went in with them.  I talked with mom for a couple of minutes got dressed and headed out. A young guy was just getting off the Rock Lake when I pulled up to the access.  He said he only got a few perch.  Said he got some nice Crappies off the Rock Dock this summer.  I headed North past my spot to a weed point I marked fishing out of the Trophy a few years ago.  I drilled about 10 holes, then went looking with the Aqua-Vu.  There were sunfish in the second hole I checked. I quickly got the the Tubby Rod rigged up with some maggots.  Missed the first bite, but got the 2nd.  It was a 8-inch gill. Next fish was 9.5" pumpkinseed.  I then missed a couple of bites.  Got three 7-inchers and one more 8-inchers before they shut off.  I got two 7-inch crappies as I worked my way back to my spot.  Had one solid red mark about 6 feet of the bottom in 16 feet of water.  Couldn't get it to bite.  Bullhead maybe???

No comments: