Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Got Out to the Jetty Tonight

5.40lbs (Tomato)

5.40lbs Jerk Shad (Tomato)

3.02lbs (Chart Shad)

3.02lbs Jerk Shad (Chart Shad)

5.11lbs (Crackle)

5.11lbs Jerk Shad (Crackle)
Harbor Mouth

The Face of the Jetty at Center Standing Rock
6:05-7:05PM North Corner
7:05-7:40PM Went to Subway
7:45-8:20PM South Jetty Harbor Mouth
8:45-10:00PM North Corner
38-36℉, Clear half moon, 12mph SSW

I was happy to see open water at Eddy's Jetty.  The rocks being covered with snow covered ice not so much.  The docks were ice-free, but I didn't catch a thing at the North Harbor Mouth.   Probably a good thing as I don't know how I would have landed a 5lber.  On the first cast at the North Corner I wasn't paying attention and snagged the Tomato Jerk Shad in the rocks.  I tried and tried to get it unsnagged and eventually the line broke.  Was not happy! Went and tied on my last Tomato Jerk Shad; I discovered it in the tackle box I gave to Steve last Spring.  I promptly caught the biggest fish of the night.  After not getting any more bites I switched out the Tomato for a Crackle.  I got two eyes (4.54,2.60lbs) on the Crackle in the North Corner.  I got cold, so I went and ate a meatball sub at Subway.  I came back and fished at the South Harbor Mouth.  Caught one walleye on my second cast on the Chartreuse Shad Jerk Shad.  That was it for bites at the Harbor Mouth.  I ended the night fishing the North Corner getting two nice ones (5.11,5.09lbs) on the Crackle.  For both of those fish, I had to sprawl out over the ice to land the fish.  The final fish was hooked in the gill and bled all over.  It did swim away when I released it at the harbor mouth.  I doubt the fish will make it, but you never know.
25.77lbs for 6 Eyes
6 Eyes   

No comments: