Sunday, September 30, 2018

Slow Cool Trip Nice Pike & A Couple of Bass

30.5" (Didn't Think to Weigh It)

Fleet Farm Spinnerbait (Black)
3:15-6:40PM Access Across to 17" Hole Flat, Chuck's Point/Green Cabin
53-50℉, Cloudy, 3-9mph WNW
50℉
2.75lbs/16.75" Crawtube (B/B)
Water levels and temps have been falling like a rock the last few days.  I think the bass are still adjusting to the cooling water.  It probably didn't help that I stuck with trying to get something out of the hay for so long.
15.9" Strike King T.G. Night Spin (Blue/Pink)
I finally got hit by this bass off the end of Big Rice Point on a spinnerbait.  Unfortunately, I had the spinnerbait get bit off a few casts later by a pike.  The pike hit right by the boat.  I watched it shake it's head and bam, spinnerbait gone.
Sufferin' Suckatash that was my only one of that color
 I worked my way out onto the flat and got a dink and the big pike on the black Fleet Farm Spinnerbait.  JUst couldn't make a topwater bite happen with the Phantom.  Finally, I said no mas and headed to Chuck's Point to try the reeds.  I was just about to give up there when I caught the 2.75lb bass along the reed/pad edge.  That was all I got in the reeds.  I went out and worked the flat getting one pike and losing one bite.  I was cold and not having that much fun, so I called it a night early.
3 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: