Monday, September 17, 2018

Fishing With Pete Today


As the storm closed in
1:00-1:45PM F Flat, West Point
66℉, Cloudy some light rain, 6-15mph NE WSW
71℉
Black Buzzbait
I took us to F Flat with a front fast approaching.  I got a couple of pike to hit the Herb's Dilly and Pete got the 1 dink.  Then the front hit and the wind switched hard out of the WSW.  I was taking us in when Pete directed me to hit the South reeds across because there was no lightning.  Pete had one pike swipe at his buzzbait.  We got out of the wind on West Point.  Pete got a pike on the rice.  I lost a 16/17 bass off of West Point dock when I didn't get a good hookset with the Jackhammer on the Mojo rod.  Pete had a pike hit at him several times.  We recovered a 3 gallon bucket from the reeds.  It started to rain, so we beached the boat and went to see if Don W. was home.  He was and we went in and had coffee and cookies for a couple of hours.
Green Buzzbait
5:00-8:00PM 3 Loon, Loon Sex, ? Reeds, LSX Point, Reeds Across
58-65-58℉, Cloudy to Partly Cloudy, 4-10mph ENE
69℉
15.5" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
So we got back out on the lake and I took us to 3 Loon Flat to start.  I got a couple of hammer handles there. Pete wanted to try LSB, so we went there.  The ENE wind was not ideal.  Pete had a "walleye" jump out of the water at his frog.  Then he got a pike on the Husky Jerk, which led to Pete getting dissatisfied with my boat control for a while.  The sun came out and I got in the lee off the point.  We weren't getting anything so Pete pointed me to the ? Reeds.  I missed a pike and Pete caught one there.  Then we went to LSP Point.  Pete missed a blowup on a frog a couple of times.  For the last hour, I took us to the reeds across.  Pete wanted to work the outside of the reeds while I threw a frog into them.  Pete picked off several pike and the one bass on his green buzzbait.  I only had one blow up and landed it.  The sunset was excellent.  I was just trying to enjoy the evening, but Pete was doing his usual no stop complaining about the people that he has had to deal with when I finally had enough of it and told him to shut up and enjoy the peace and quiet.  I also informed Pete, that I really don't like fishing with him all that much.  Shortly after that, we called it a night. 

No comments: