Thursday, September 06, 2018

Nice Pike Morning, Ok Evening Trip

5.97lbs/31" Grassmaster Jig/Craw Fatty

7:00-10:30AM Reeds Across, F Flat
42-65℉, Sunny some fog to start, 0-3MPH SE
69-68℉
I stopped at the GOMH to start.  Panfish Guy was there.  Threw a few casts on the SW side and left.  I headed over to the north bed of the reeds across the way.  The fog was really thick over some of the reed patch.  I had what I believe was a small pike not get the Terminator Frog by the Cane.  There started to be some activity in the reeds.  I started pitching the jig around and the big pike trucked it. Luckily it was hooked in the side of the mouth.  That was it for bites in the reeds.

There was some surface activity over F Flat.  I got nothing until I got over by "the dock" and I had a good bass blow up on the Bubble Walker, but get off.  Eventually, I put on the War Eagle Buzz Toad.  Got a small bass on the very first cast.  Got a couple more bass and pike bites on that.  Fishing was slow so I went in at 10:30AM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.54lbs/17.25" Horny Toad (Black/White)
6:30-8:45PM 17" Hole Flat, Melon Patch
69-66℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-3mph SE
73℉
3.17lbs/17" Horny Toad (Black/White)
Instead of going straight to the Melon Patch I decided to set down out on the flat out from the Melon Hole. I immediately had 17ish and 15ish bass not hook up on the War Eagle Buzzbait.  I switched to a Zoom Horny Toad and had the 17.25-incher take that.  I caught a pike and had a couple fish miss the Horny Toad, then the bite stopped.  I proceeded on to the Melon Patch.  I lost what I believe was a good bass right away on the Horny Toad.  There wasn't much for activity and all I got was a small pike.  I bolted out of there to head for Big Rice Point.  Nothing going on there.  So I turned out back onto the flat and I caught a 16-icher on the War Eagle Buzzbait and that last 17" on the Horny Toad.  There were no skeeters so I fished until it was quite dark outside.
Bass With Pike
Just the Bass

No comments: