Saturday, September 08, 2018

Leech Pre-Fish

Alan's Deep Water Largemouth

Chuck Steinbauer heading to Boy Bay
We, Snatcher Chuck and my boater Snatcher Alan, launched out of Brevik on this breezy Saturday morning and went up the West side of Bear Island.  The waves out there had us headed back into Boy Bay.  We went in and fished some shoreline cover.  I got a dink on a craw tube and had another bass hang me up and get off.  I then broke off.  Then we tried some windblown reeds and got nothing.  Then we went to center rice where Alan got a dink and lost a good one.  I had a toothy critter steal a Grassmaster Jig.  Then we went and tried some windblown pads and some shoreline reeds didn't get anything there.  Then we tried some rice across from Bear Island.  Alan got a couple of good bites there.  Then we went down to Headquarters Bay.  Alan got a couple more fatty's.  I got a pike on a Terminator Frog and missed a couple of bites on undercut banks.  At 3PM we called it a day.  The Steinbauer invited me over to have burgers, which I gladly accepted.

No comments: