Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Slow Cold Night On Platte

5" VMC Fly/maggots

5:00-7:00PM 11' Platte Lake Access
7-15℉, Cloudy, 0-3MPH N

I headed over to Steve's so he could get the Smitty Sled spaced out correctly. By the time he was done, I decided Platte was where I would fish. An old-timer was loading up his sled when I arrived. I got my stuff ready to go and the old guy came over to chat. He had been out since about noon and started on Sullivan. The fish wouldn't bite there so he came to Platte.  He showed me his bucket with a nice mess of sunnies and crappies. By the time I was drilling holes darkness was about to descend. I set up to the East of the road I fished yesterday. Caught one small crappie there and not much was going on, so I drilled holes over by where I was yesterday. Caught two small crappies there. Not much was going on. I was comfortable with the heater working. I did miss some bites on THE Jig. When I came in I popped the rope out of one of the skis on the Smitty. I was able to undo the knots and get it fixed.

3 Crips

Fortunately, all I had to do was screw off the heating element. 
New And Improved

No comments: