Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Windy Evening On Platte




4:50-6:15PM Platte Lake out from the access
34-37℉, PC, 15-30mph WSW

I got the headlight on the Expedition replaced, but getting it back in place took some time. I headed out at about 10 after 4PM. I went to the public access on Platte Lake and not much was going on. Just a couple trucks in the lot. I unloaded and headed out. I got passed by a guy in a four-wheeler headed in.  I went out about 50-yards. The wind was hellacious. I noticed my Columbia hoodie wasn't in the sled. I walked back to the Expedition, no sign of it. I could have sworn I brought it. Went back out. Got a minnow down. Caught the 8" crappie after missing the first bite. It got caught in my second line on the way up. I had to cut the line and retry. I dropped the dropper spoon. Super frustrated at things at that point. I had a couple of sniffers and caught the dink. That wind was nasty. This will probably be my last trip in the two-man. 

No comments: