Thursday, January 28, 2021

Fishing Was Almost Good

 

19.5" THE Jig/maggots/wax worm




8" VMC Fly/maggot

                          
4:00-6:15PM 9' Platte Public Access.
10-18℉, PC, 5-10MPH SSE

I stopped at Bear Trax to get Minnows. He isn't carrying disposable propane bottles because of the high price. Stopped at the GOMH to get a picture. Took a picture of the Smitty all loaded up. Headed farther west and a little shallower than I have been. I put a minnow down then the camera then THE Jig. Not a whole lot of visibility; I could barely make out the minnow swimming a yard away. After putting THE Jig down I saw a bluegill immediately that quickly spooked when a pike swam in. I put down a spoon and spooked the pike. I got the first crappie on the THE Jig. I then missed a couple on THE Jig. The Pike came in to inspect THE Jig. It sucked it in and I set the hook. It got caught up on the Aqua-Vu. Luckily I got it free and the pike stayed hooked. I got one crappie on the Glow Demon/minnow and 5 on THE Jig. I had a 12" get off in the hole because it was caught on the transducer. Saw a few sunfish, but couldn't get them to bite. Pete called as I was starting to pack up. Mom called to see what I wanted for supper. I ended up sending THE Jig back down getting that 6th crappie.  

6 Crappie
1 Pike


No comments: