Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Windy Trip To Sullivan


I just wasn't that into fishing today, so it took forever for me to get the car packed and get off to the lake. I made a last-second decision on which access on Sullivan I would go to, the West one. Then when I got there I picked a spot on the Navionics that looked good and was close. Turns out there was some guy sitting where I put the pin. I stopped about 40-50' short and drilled from what I thought was shallow to deep. Turns off the Map App was off and I was in deep water from the very first hole. That threw me off and led to a bit of confusion in interpreting what the FL-8 was showing me. I was reading something suspended as bottom and I may have been getting interference from the other guy. The water was about 40'. Eventually, I got things figured out, but by then the suspended stuff was gone. I didn't mark anything. I stopped briefly where a house had been earlier in the day on my way in. Didn't mark anything there either. I decided I had enough. Other than the wind it was actually pretty nice out. It's going to get cold and we are getting snow as well. Hopefully, I'll still be able to get out without too much effort. 
 

No comments: