Friday, December 18, 2020

Morning Trip to LOng/Peavy in the Evening

 

10" BTGD/minnow

8:00-9:30PM Long Lake 33-35' 10' of bottom
27℉, Cloudy, 7-12mph SE

There was one guy out fishing when I arrived. I went out to my initial spot where I caught them this year. I got 3 fish there before they disappeared. I got 4 more closer toward the deep hole. I had enough at 9:30AM. I found out at Bear Trax that people are going out on Peavy and Sullivan. Got more on the 5 on the Demon and two on the Fly. If my bite detection was better I would get more fish on the Fly.

7 Crips
10.5" VMC Fly/Maggies
5:00-7:30PM 57' My Old Spot 20' off the bottom
30-36℉, PC, 0-3mph S

So I headed over to Peavy. A guy who was checking ice for putting out a spear house told me there were 6 to 7-inches. I spudded my way once I got to the hump. I drilled on my spot than in a circle toward shore. I put a minnow down and checked the other holes. I didn't see anything. I marked something perch like on the bottom. Then I marked something 20' off the bottom. I lowered the minnow down to that level and got a bite there on the Fly that I lost halfway up. I then got a fish on the minnow. Had a couple lookers, then nothing for half an hour. I went and checked holes again nothing. I drilled holes toward the hump. I marked something in the very first new hole, so I quickly drilled a second. I got one fish there on the minnow and one in my old set on the Fly. I had a couple of lookers and that was it. It was a nice night to be out.  The batteries were running low on my headlamp and Lantern so I called it a night.

3 Crips


No comments: