Friday, December 11, 2020

Caught Some On Long

11.75" Bear  Trax Demon/minnow

3:00-7:10PM Long 33
29-31℉', Cloudy, 3-10mph NE

I went out to the deepest spot on Long, didn't find anything. I ended up drilling holes to the West into about 25-feet. Had a few small marks sniff. At 4PM I was frustrated and packed up. I decided to check a hole on my way back. Bingo, fish suspended 8-10 off the bottom.  I quickly got the Fly rod out and put a 9-inch crappie on the ice. I then had a bit of a clown show getting water in a bucket and getting a minnow down.  Before I had just gotten the fly back down the hole when the bobber went under. Not a crappie, so I put the Bantum Reel into back reel. Good thing because a 23" pike took several runs. I got it pulled about 40% out of the hole and I could see the Demon safely logged in the side of its mouth. I went to grab the fish; It freaked snapped the line and went right back down the hole. Clown show meets shit show. Was not happy. Got another Demon rigged and put a minnow down. Lots of bites on the minnow and a few on the fly. I got 11 crappies on the Demon and 2 on the Fly. I missed more than I caught, very frustrating. Missed the last bite of the evening. As I was packing up the propane ran out.

13 Crips
1 Pike

 

No comments: