Sunday, December 27, 2020

Caught A Pike and Met the New C.O.

18" Glow Demon/Minnow

4:15-5:30PM 25' Sunfish Hole
16-18℉, Cloudy light snow, 6-12mph N

Watched the Bears beat the Jags badly. Don't know why I got such a late start; Probably because I wasn't that into going in the first place. I decided to hit the Sunfish Hole in Sullivan because it's not much of a walk Drilled on the Spot and deeper and shallower. Started in the deeper holes. Marked something but it didn't bite. Got the pike on the Spot. It took the bobber under, but I didn't notice it immediately. I was lucky I hooked it in the side of the mouth. That was the last fish I marked and my line was freezing up so I headed in at 5:30 or so. Pulling the Trap back in was way harder than pulling it out. I had to stop and rest a few times. I ended up leaving the Trap and carrying the ON the final 70 yards.  I backed the SUV down the ramp then went and got the Trap. When I was most of the way back CO Vang showed up. I introduced myself and he checked my license. He helped me put the Trap in the truck.  I imagine I'll be seeing a lot of him. I asked him where he was from, meaning from MN and he answered Thailand which gave me a chuckle.  He told me he grew up in North MPLS. Seemed like a good guy.

1 Pike
 

No comments: