Friday, October 19, 2018

Eddy's Jetty Tonight

4.62lbs Speed Shad (Bluegill Flash)

26"  Speed Shad (Bluegill Flash)
7:30-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty North Harbor Mouth & Corner
50-41℉, Partly Cloudy, 20-4mph NNW
3.17lbs Floating Rapala
With the way, the wind was today blowing hard out of the NW I didn't feel like taking the Trophy out.  I did feel like fishing though so I headed to Eddy's Jetty. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there that the wind was blowing out of the NW just North enough so there was a pretty good chop coming in.  It was really blowing hard, but fishable.  I caught the big one right away.  The guy, Jamar, whose picture I took saw me catch the fish from his hotel room, so he came out with his significant other and started fishing inside the Jetty.  I landed a 21" fish on a Rippin' Rap and invited them to come and fish the harbor mouth over by me.  He landed the fish I took a picture of right away.  Then he lost one before he could get it in their net.  He caught one more fish before the wind and cold got to them.  It was a long stretch before I finally got a 21" eye on a gold/org Husky Jerk.  The wind calmed down around 9:30PM.  I started fishing the North Corner around 9:40PM and I got my last 4 (20,20,19.5,17.5) walleyes there on the Speed Shad as well as losing a couple of bites.  The darn 10PM rule,  I had just gotten them patterned then had to stop

No comments: