Saturday, October 20, 2018

They Were Biting At Eddy's Again

4.68lbs/25" Speed Shad (Bluegill Flash)
7:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty Harbor Mouth & North Corner
31-27℉, Clear, 3-6mph NW
5.70lbs/26.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)

It was cold and icing was a minor annoyance, but fishing was good until the last hour when bites were hard to come by.  I started out cracking a 25-incher at the Harbor Mouth on the Speed Shad.  I then got a 19-incher at the Harbor Mouth.  I then got a 25" and 20" at the North Corner.  Jamar, the guy I met last night showed up when I was bringing the 20-incher in.  He started at the Harbor Mouth and picked off two 5lb plus slobs in a row.  I caught another 20-incher then I missed about 6 bites, losing two fish that I had on.  I switched to the Crackle Ultimate Jerk Shad and hooked up on my very first cast.  I brought in two more 20-inchers in short order.  I had Jamar come down and fish by me and pretty soon we were doubled up.  That happened twice.  The fishing slowed down around 9PM. Jamar stayed until about 9:30.  Icing became a bigger issue, so switched to a rod with Sunline Assasin Fluorocarbon.  My big fish of the night was the last one that bit.  It engulfed the Jerk Shad.
28.90lbs for my heaviest 8 Fish
12 Eyes for me and at least 4 lost fish and another 6 missed bites
7 or 8 eyes for Jamar 

No comments: