Thursday, October 04, 2018

OK Night at Eddy's Jetty

4.60lbs/24" KVD Jerkbait 300 (Sexy Ghost Minnow) 

No wind to start the night
7:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty North
44-40℉, Cloudy some light rain and snow, 0-10MPH SE

26" Rippin' Rap (Chrome/Blue)
I fished the first 10 minutes or so with the Speed Shad.  Didn't get a bite, so I switched to the Rippin Rap and worked my way down the Jetty starting at the Harbor Mouth.  I got the first bite at around 7:20PM at the same spot I got my first bite a couple of nights ago.  It was the 26-incher.  I went back to that same standing rock and got another bite fairly quickly.  It was another good fish.  It came off as I was trying to get it over the rocks.  Shortly after that, the wind came up and then got stronger.  The Rippin Rap kept getting fouled with weeds, so I had to put it down.  I tried working the Speed Shad for a good half an hour not getting anything working my way from the Harbor Mouth to the North Corner.  I was briefly hooked up on the North Corner.  The wind was whipping pretty good.  I went back to the Harbor Mouth and put on a heavier jig with a Grass Pig on it.  I caught two 22-inch walleye's on consecutive casts.  I also got a 19" and 20.5" at the Harbor Mouth in short order.  Then the action died. I fished my way down the Jetty again.
22" Grass Pig (Swamp Gas)
24" Grass Pig (Swamp Gas)
I got the 24-incher off the standing rock.  I then missed several bites.  I got a 20.5" at the Harbor Mouth.  It started sleeting and the wind died back a bit.  I missed some more bites, especially at the North corner.  With 20 minutes left I switched to the KVD Jerkbait.  I got a 19" off of the North Corner.  At about 10 to 10PM I got my last bite of the night, the 24-incher on the KVD Jerkbait at the Harbor Mouth.

10 Eye's (Missed 6 or 7 more)

No comments: