Saturday, October 27, 2018

Rainy Evening With Darth Wader

26.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
6:30-8:00PM Lost one at the Harbor Mouth and had a couple of ticks at the North Corner
8:00-8:45PM In the Car
8:45-9:15PM Taking Pictures of Mike and helping him get the kayak on his car
9:15-10:00PM Harbor Mouth & North Corner
Mike had been out bobbing on the waves for about an hour when I arrived at 6PM.  He hadn't gotten any bites.  He came in and we talked for half an hour.  I gave him one of my Crackle colored Ultimate Jerk Shads to use.  About 6:30 I thought it was getting dark enough, so we went out on the Jetty and I showed him how I was catching them.  He went back out in his NuCanoe and a boat started a trolling run towards the Jetty from about a 1/4 mile to the North.  I briefly had a fish on at the Harbor Mouth that hit my Rage Swimmer.  Not long after that Mike whooped and hollered alerting to the fact that he had caught one.  The trolling boat which was almost to Mike looked like they hooked up as well as their progress stopped and started drifting to the North.  Mike paddled in so I could take some pictures with his camera.
This was taken with my camera
Mike went back out.  It sprinkled for a while, then light rain.  Mike caught a couple more fish.  It started to rain, rain and Mike hooked into a better fish that he wanted me to take a picture of so he paddled to shore.  I didn't get a picture of that fish with my camera, unfortunately.  I went in the car to wait the rain out and Mike went back out.  At 8:45 I had enough of sitting in the car so I went out and put my Cabela's Guideware Rain Jacket on; I had been fishing earlier in my Ice Armor Jacket.  Next thing I know Mike is cussing up a storm and calling me over to take a picture of the 26.5" fish.  He was taking a picture of the fish on the measuring board, which sits between his legs when the fish flopped knocking the camera out of his hands into the lake. Adding to Mike's frustration was the fact that he had to net the fish.  Mike's net and treble hooks don't get along too well and the Jerk Shad has three sets of trebles.
26.5" Jerk Shad

  The bite had slowed and losing the camera made Mike want to call it quits for the evening.  So Mike paddled into the Harbor and I helped him get the kayak up on the car.
2.49lbs/21.5" Rage Swimmer (Ghost Shad)
I went to the Harbor Mouth and caught a fish on my the first cast from the standing rock on the Rage Swimmer.  I hollered over to Mike who was still strapping up the Kayak.  Next thing I know Mike is out on the Jetty with me asking for a rod to use, so I gave him the one with a Crackle Jerk shad on it. After Mike got situated I went back up on the standing rock and was soon reeling in a cigar that was caught by my stinger hook.  That was the first time using the stinger with a paddletail got me a fish.  I forgot to weigh the little guy.
Smoking the Cigar

14.5" Rage Swimmer on the Stinger Hook
Mike wasn't getting any bites, so he called it night.  I fished my way down the Jetty and got my biggest and last bite of the night at about 9:50PM, which was also caught by the Stinger Hook.
3.68lbs/22.5" Rage Swimmer on the stinger hook
  I did try the Jerk Shad for the remainder of the night.  Nothing wanted the Tomato or Crackle.
3 Eyes for me
Darth Wader: 7 Eye's are what I'm giving him, maybe he'll get back to me with an accurate number.

No comments: