Monday, October 22, 2018

Eddy's Jetty, Pete Was With Me Again

The camera on the fritz for first and biggest
7:00-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty Harbor Mouth & North Corner
50-37℉, Clear, 4-10MPH
3.85lbs/22.75" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
Pete went over an talked with some guys who were loading up their boat while I got dressed and headed to the harbor mouth.  It was blowing pretty good, but the crosswind was manageable.  I was throwing the Speed Shad first.  On about the seventh cast I had the walleye with the lousy pic hit right at my feet.   I took two pics and then set the walleye down next to the ruler to take a picture of it that way.  The walleye flopped itself right back into the lake.  I was like what just happened.  Pete was just making his way up the Jetty and wasn't aware I had caught a fish yet.  Pete fished for about half an hour or so catching one quality fish.  It took him a while to get it off and he was in such a rush to get it back in the water I didn't get a pic.  Shortly after that I got this 20-incher fishing off the North Corner and Pete headed to the car.
2.40lbs/20" Jerk Shad
Pete then went into Eddy's and disappeared for an hour plus.  About 5 minutes after Pete left I caught a 17.5" and 18" on back to back casts off of the North Corner on the Speed Shad.  I think I caught 1 more fish before Pete came back.  The wind had settled down to about 5mph.  Pete came back and I got 20.5" at the Harbor Mouth on the Speed Shad.  I went to the North Corner and had the Speed Shad get pulled down.  I had a bite which  I missed when Pete started hollering he had a good one.  He was fishing up on the high rocks.  Luckily his line held and he was able to lift the 26-inch fish onto the Jetty.  Didn't get a picture of this fish either.  I put some super glue on the jig head to hold the Speed Shad on and switched to the Jerk Shad.  Pete had his line wrap around his rod tip and he snapped off the Husky Jerk and the rod guide second from the top.  I caught a few more eye's on the Jerk Shad in the North Corner getting my last one of the night around 9:52PM.  It hit 10PM and we were done.
20.39lbs missing the biggest one of the night
10 Eye's for me
Pete: 2 Eye's 

No comments: