Monday, December 18, 2023

Started Rocky Again, But I Ended Well

 

First Fish

2nd Fish

3rd Fish

I discovered something

Final Fish

4:15-8:00 PM 15-16' My Spot Rock Lake
15-25℉, PC, 0-4mph NW
Not much visibility today.

I was moving like a slow turtle getting the car packed. Once on the ice I didn't have the flexibility to get my left foot ice spikes on and also had to retighten the seat posts moving like a turtle. I drilled four sets of holes and started in the ones the Trap got blown off of last night. I caught a quick perch. I didn't have a camera hole in this set and the sun was setting. I quickly changed to the farthest North set where I did have a camera hole drilled. There was life so I put the camera down but due to sediment visibility was crap. Think I had a pike attack on the Cubby, but I set into nothing. It went dead, so I moved a bit South and spent the rest of the night on this set of holes. The first fish up was a nice sunny on the Cubby. Then I got a couple of crappie on the Cubby. Put a Glow Demon/minnow on a Meat Stick, because I forgot to get the bobber rod re-rigged last night. The crappies seemed to like the minnow tonight. I caught 18 total and missed as many. A bullhead was the last fish of the night. I called it quits at 8 PM. I think I'm close to being in a groove ice fishing after a rocky start to the season. My thought early on tonight was ice fishing for me this year was as smooth as rip rap; things had smoothed down considerably by the time I was done tonight

18 Crip 
1 Perch 
1Sunny 
1Bullhead 

No comments: