Saturday, December 23, 2023

Busted Off 4 Times, Landed Two Fish

 

The one that I landed

Not many of these around today

3:30-7:30PM Rock 16' My Area
38-43℉, Cloudy, 3-9mph S SE
About half the visibility of yesterday at best, shouldn't have wasted my time with the camera.

It was overcast and I wasted too much time shallow where there wasn't much activity. By the time I got out to 16' visibility was trash and I wasted time with the camera when I would have been better off using the Vex for my eyes. I caught 1 YP. I then had a Demon and a THE jig get bit off bing bang. I did catch a little pike a couple of minutes after THE Jig got bit off. I then missed about 5 good feeling bites and some big marks. Finally got another Demon tied on, which was ignored for over an hour. Finally got a bite and it broke off right away. At the end of the night, I had what I think was baitfish followed by a big mark that missed the Twitch. I packed up and right before I was going to reel the Twitch up a big mark appeared and bit. I was hoping it would be a walleye. It was 4/5lb pike that got tangled in the friggen transducer, which should not happen as I have a separate hole drilled for it. I thought I got the line free, but it turned out it was also wrapped above the Vex Float. The fish broke me off. Easy Come, Easy GO! What a disaster of a trip.

2Pike 
1YP



No comments: