Sunday, December 17, 2023

Blown Off Tonight

 

Where the Trap got blown and my walk back

I didn't get skunked, however.
4:45-5:30 PM Rock Lake My Spot 16'
34-38℉, PC to Cloudy some flurries, 5-25mph W

I ate chicken from the corner and watched the Pack lose, so I got out later than I had planned. I drilled 4 sets of holes. Life was down in the first one so I set up camp. I got one crappie in the first set of holes. I decided to check other holes and didn't think about the wind, so I didn't secure the Trap or ensure the cover was as low as possible. I got three crappies in the second set of holes I went to when a gust got hold of the Trap and blew it straight east to the far shoreline. I ended up with the line on the bobber rod getting broken and a nut that holds the left side of the Trap getting lost. I was quite lucky no rods were broken. I did go back and fish for a bit, but gave up pretty quick.

4Crip 

No comments: