Friday, December 08, 2023

First Ice Trip of 23/24

Not Skunked


8:45 AM -12:30 PM Rock Lake
36-40℉, Cloudy, 4-15mph SW
Ice 4-6" Depth fished 6-15'

I finally got my act together and headed out this morning. Stopped at Bear Trax for minnows and waxies. I unloaded while backed down to the ice at the ramp. I went to sit down to put the ice spikes on my boots and the seat was kittywampus. I had to find and tighten down the seat posts on the Fish Trap seat, which probably took Turtle Man 20-plus minutes to accomplish. I headed a short way to the North along the reeds and drilled holes.  NO life in the weeds. A guy showed up about a half hour after I started fishing. He's been out on Platte, Long, and Bulldog this year and not having much luck. He covered a lot of ground from South to North. I finally discovered some life in about 14' of water. I caught the lil pike, saw a bunch of little perch, and maybe a sunfish. I went to one more hole and quit at 12:30. Never put a minnow down. I think I know where I can go to catch some next time.

1 Pike 
 

No comments: