Monday, February 28, 2022

Trips Feb 27 & 28

 




5:00-8:00PM 
The 27th was a nice day right about freezing little wind. There was a family on the juice and pulling the Trap out was a workout. I set up to the NW of them and had to shovel out a spot. I put down the minnow than the camera and what did I see, but a pike. The dude wouldn't hit my minnow and stayed around all night. I am amazed he didn't snatch the first crappie I brought up as I got all caught up in the spring bobber. I caught some crappies in the first 10-feet, but most were around 20. Action really shut down by 6:45PM. The walk back

13 Demon/Minnow
3 Cubby
3 VMC Fly

19 Crips total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:30-8:30PM The Juice

Was in the mid-30's today, with light wind. A guy who had been in the NE Corner came in on his wheeler as I was heading out. He said the sunnies were small. As I arrived where I was going to fish another truck pulled up at the Access. The guy fished about 50feet to the West of me. He said he only got 3 keepers the rest were all little. I got maybe 8 or 9 keeper-sized ones for the evening. With all the snow lighting isn't great right now and there is a lot of junk so visibility with the camera wasn't the greatest. Fish were mostly 18-feet or deeper. The walk out was far less taxing than yesterday. I would have active pods move in and move out all night. If the wind didn't startup out of the west I would have stayed longer. A Sheriff happened to come by when I got to the access and he offered to help me, so I gladly accepted the offer. Not sure if he was Crow Wing or Morrison. It was a white SUV.

23 Glow Demon
4 Cubby
5 THE Jig
10 VMC Tubby

42 Crips


No comments: