Sunday, February 06, 2022

February's First Two Trips

 

7" Glow Demon/Minnow

Feb 4th 
5:15-7:00PM, Cold PC, 2-7mph NW
February started cold and windy, so I have only been out a couple of times. The first time was on Friday the 4th. Got a later start than I should have, which was exacerbated by the truck needing to be jumped. I didn't get lines down until after 5PM, and there wasn't a lot of activity. Couldn't hook the bites; I was getting probably due to small fish; I only got 3 on the Demon/minnow.

3 Crips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Feb 6th
5:15-7:30PM, Cold but warmer than the 4th, PC, 3-7mph NW

Once again delayed by the truck not starting. It turned over but didn't start. Went back to my spot. Pretty much the same results. Catching 3 mini's and missing light bites, At 6:30 or so, I went and drilled holes farther out. More activity out there, and there were some bigger fish. Caught a couple of 9" and lost a couple that felt good. Also caught some 7-inchers. The action was slow, and I drenched my right boot drilling holes, so I called it quits at 7:30PM. No one else was out tonight and recent snows were just enough to mask the worn pathways. PIA.

8 Crips 4 on the Demon, 4 on the VMC Fly

Equipment Note: I got my second Meat Stick by mail from Scheels this week. Amazing it wasn't broken. It was unsecured in a large box. Missed a bunch of bites both nights on the Meat Stick leading me to believe it was little one's biting me on my spot.

No comments: