Saturday, January 29, 2022

Tough Bite On The Dog

 

4:30-8:00PM 2021Spot, Same Holes as last night
14-22℉, PC, 2-18mph SW NW

A bunch of people fishing Bulldog in the nice weather. There were even 3 trucks that drove out. The people out in the hole were either farther South or farther East than my area. I used the same holes as last night. Wish I had been prepared for the wind NW shift and drilled different holes. When I was getting set up, a couple of guys out fishing for pike came by and gave me their minnows. They had gotten one small pike. I didn't see anything for the first half hour plus. Then I had a pike show interest in the pink/chrome Mini Rippin Rap. I was not interested in losing that lure. I didn't have the good sense to send down one of those bigger minnows the guys gave me. Finally, around 5:30 or so, some crappies showed up. They were finicky and on the small side. I maybe got two 10-inchers. I missed a bunch of bites. It could be small fish, or I did have several fish that I watched just lip the lure on the camera. At around 7:30, the bite started picking up as the wind did. I started getting blown around and called it a night. 

16 Glow Demon
10 Cubby
6  VMC Tubby
1 VMC Fly
1 THE Jig

34 Crips
1 Pike

No comments: