Saturday, November 27, 2021

1st Ice Trip 1st Fish of 21/22 Ice Fishing Season

10.5" VMC Fly//Wax (Pink)



 4:40-6:15PM Out Front 10' of water 5" of Ice 
32-37℉, PC, 0-6mph WNW

Bear Trax had minnows, so I stopped in to get bait. Tim told me the word was 5" in the bays on Platte. That meant I didn't have to waste time checking ice thickness before bringing my stuff down to the lake, saving me the time I needed because I got to the lake so late. I drilled three sets of holes about 75 yards out front. Marked something in the second set. I wasn't really prepared and missed a couple of bites. The crappie came through about 4' up, and I caught it. Skunk out of the Fish Trap. I put a minnow down. Had a couple possible bites on the minnow and had a couple more lookers on the VMC Fly and THE Jig. Not skunked on the 1st trip for the first time since 2017.

No comments: