Sunday, November 07, 2021

Big Pike & Bass On A Beautiful Night

Calm Night Was Just What This Soul Needed




34.5" LiveTarget Wake


3.37lb LiveTarget Wake Gill
4:00-6:30PM Reeds Across, F Flat, NPBI, Hole Our Bay
50-60, MC, 0-3MPH S
41-43℉

My plan was to only watch the first half of the Vikings game due to Daylight Saving Time ending. But the game sucked me in. But then the Vikes blowing the lead got me headed off to the lake in a frazzled state. As I was coming up the driveway, Steve waved me up. He was cutting down a tree, and I was lucky it didn't fall on me. Steve was blessed didn't get seriously injured twice. After the Vikes scored two quick touchdowns, the Offense went into hibernation vs. the Ravens. They were in the process of giving the Ravens their first lead of the game as I talked to Steve. When I was ready to head out, the Vikes had tied the score, and the game was headed to overtime. I didn't know how to get the game on my phone, so I listened to my Bass Tournament Morning Playlist instead. A text from Pete made me surmise we lost. Then I got a notification shortly after that Barr had made an interception. I'm not sure if the game was over when Pete texted, or he just gave up prematurely.
Anyway, I started working along and in the Reeds Across the Way, not even getting a bite. As I got to the path separating the South and North Bed, I started listening to the KFAN post-game. There was a little activity along the northern edge of the North Bed. I missed a bite there. I moved across F Flat. It was totally calm now. I had a good size pike follow the LiveTarget Wake to the boat. A couple minutes later, I got the 34.5-inch pike. I don't think the fish that followed was that big, but I could be wrong. It took me a while to land the fish. I played it until it was worn out, and it was barely hooked when I grabbed it. It didn't put up a fuss. I took a quick picture and released it without weighing it because I didn't have the scale ready; I didn't even know if it was in the boat. The scale was in my tackle bag, so I put it in the pouch up front where I usually keep it. About 5 casts later, I got the bass. I didn't get any more bites, and there was scattered activity over the flat once again. It was dark when I went to NPBI. Not sure if the fish I saw out there were shiners or small crips. I didn't put the Loomis 782S in the boat, Doh. I went in and got the rod. I looked unsuccessfully for crappie around the deep hole in our bay.    
 

No comments: