Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve Smackdown On Bulldog

21" THE Jig (Wht/Pink)

10" THE Jig (Wht/Pink)

 4:15-7:15PM Bulldog Lake 29' in front of Holy Family 
30-39℉, PC, 3-12mph NW

I was hoping the Bulldog would be free of people seeing as it was  Christmas Eve. I was not disappointed, nobody was there. I was a little surprised there weren't any new holes in the area, and the ones from yesterday were frozen up enough that I couldn't open them with my body weight. I predrilled the holes from last night. Didn't mark anything for the first 10 minutes after putting the minnow down. About 20-minutes in, the first crappie of the night took a minnow. It was then AWWWWWWWWWWWWN for the next hour or so. I stopped putting a minnow down after 4 or so fish because they were aggressive on THE Jig. I was getting bites immediately every time I dropped. I wasted maybe 10-minutes trying to get a fish on the Slab Rap. After about an hour, it slowed down with fish moving in and out. I landed the pike after a good long fight. The last bite of the night was a pike. I didn't take my time, and it broke me off in the hole. Totally my fault. I left them biting. It was so nice fishing in the Legend XL. I had the Vex up on a bucket and would often stand up pull the transducer out of the hole. then sit down and resume fighting the fish.

29 Crips THE Jig
13 Crips Glow Demon
6 Crips VMC Fly
48 Crips

1 Pike THE Jig
1 Pike Glow Demon
2 Pike

No comments: