Friday, January 23, 2015

Sullivan & Rock

8.5" Glow Demon
 8:00am-2:00pm at Sullivan
Warming up to the mid 30's, mostly sunny, light winds
I got 3 sets of holes drilled and started fishing just as the sun came out from the clouds.  I got two nice sunfish in the first hour or so.  I think I had a school of tullibee under me for a while, and I got them to chase my lure up and down but not high enough for me to see them.   I didn't get a bit from whatever they were.  I really wasn't rigged as well as I could have been.  In the afternoon I put the camera down to see what was down there and it stopped working.  I decided to quit at that point and bring the camera home and get something to eat.
8.5"er from another vantage point
3:30-8:00PM
36 degrees mostly sunny, light winds very pleasant to fish
I started by drilling about 6 sets of holes.  Then I started in the set farthest North by the reeds.   I got a couple of sunfish, perch and had a pike break a Demon off.  I think I also had the pike hit the Grass Pig.  These fish wanted wax worms, not maggots.  Eventually I moved out to the deeper holes and the crappies showed up.  I forgot to take a picture of any of them.  My second to last fish was a pike on the Demon with a Minnow.  I got 1 last crappie on a Demon and Minnow.  I actually went and checked my holes on Sullivan but nothing showed up so I didn't fish.

14 Crappies
4 Sunfish
4 Perch
1 Pike
A true Rock "jumbo".

7.5" Sunny on T.H.E. Jig

They wanted waxies not maggots

He wanted a minnow

No comments: