Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rock Slower Tonight

Big Fish of the Night 11.25" on the Demon w/spikes
3:00-7:30PM
Weather pretty much the same as yesterday.

I stared by drilling out old holes with the hand auger.  Put the tip up down in the hole I had the camera in on Sunday.  Then I drilled about 5 sets of new holes farther to the North but not really any shallower or deeper.  I started fishing right around 3PM in the farthest North Hole.  Didn't get anything there so I moved to the next hole and got this perch.
T.H.E. Jig w/waxie
That was it for that hole.  In the next hole I got my first Sunfish.
Glow Demon w/spikes
There were more of them down there so I put the camera down.  When I was trying to get the camera pointed I had something hit the Grass Pig but not hook up.  Eventually I got the camera in line.  I couldn't see that well as it was after 4PM by then.  I did manage to catch a couple more sunfish.  It got so I couldn't see the sunfish anymore so I shut the camera off and went hole hopping with a Scenic Tackle Go-Devil Spoon with maggies.  I finally got the first crappie around 4:50PM.
First Crappie of the Night  9" on Scenic Tackle Go-Devil
I managed to get 4 crappies on the Glow Devil.  I ended up setting up shop in the holes just to the south of where I fished last night.  That's were I got the 11 incher.  I got 14 crappies total on the evening;  All of them but the first four were caught on the Custom Jigs and Spins Glow Demon.  I got one 8"er and one 10"er in addition to the 11", the rest were 9"ers.

14 crappies
3 Sunfish
1 Perch

No comments: