Saturday, January 17, 2015

Peavy & Platte

7.5" Demon w/maggies at Peavy Lake
11:00AM-3:00PM Peavy
4:30-5:30PM Platte
32 degrees, really windy at times, cloudy with flurries giving way to some sun then overcast again.

I started by working the hump.  No luck.  I got checked by Kuske.  The on/off switch on the auger broke.  Fortunately for me it's in the "on" position.  At 1PM I bailed to my crappie spot.  There were a few of them out there.  They were smaller in size than what I had been getting.  I got 5 total with only one being over 9".  I decided to head out at 3PM.  I talked with a guy who was just heading out at the access who had been getting little sunfish at Shakopee.  I guess the lake has gotten pounded this winter.  The wind really started to blow.

I checked the NE access on Sullivan then drove onto Platte at the Public access.  I drove to the North of the big island on my way to "the hole".  I think I GPSed it from a boat  judging by where the permanent shacks were sitting to the West of my waypoint.  I drilled 6 holes and fished 3 of them.  I had two fish come through about 10 feet of bottom in 23'.  I had one hooked, it felt small.  I also had something on the bottom sniff my maggots.   It was really windy out.   I packed up at 5:30 and drove off at Jenny's.

5 Crappies

 

No comments: