Friday, April 23, 2010

Slow GOMH

I think Pete and I arrived at the GOMH around 6:30PM and we set up on the SW side. By this time in the day it was mild with a fairly significant wind out of the SE that would die towards sunset. There were 2 guys on the SW side and a group of 5 somewhat young (late teen early 20's) guys and girls on the SE side.

I started off the night with my smallest jumpin bullhead of the year so far.


Eventually Pete started getting some action from the jumpin bullheads, including this nice 2+pounder.



Eventually the 2 guys down with us left. Grumpy Old Man Willard showed up and so did Rapala Boy and his Dad. About 7:30PM Rapala Boy's younger sister and Mom showed up.

Generally speaking the fishing was slow. I missed a few bites including 1 good silver bullhead for sure and all I caught after the jb was this one small bullhead:


Pete had the hotter hand with about 4 jumpin bullheads and 4 silver bullheads (2 of which were keepers). Rapala Boy's Dad caught a couple of keeper silvers and one throw back, Rapala Boy got a couple of keeper silvers, and a boat with a couple of teenagers brought in 3 silver bullheads for Rapala Boys Family. A guy who was on the SE side gave Rapala boys family another silver and Pete gave them his 2 keepers.

Pete and I left a little after 9PM

As promised I got a picture of "My spot." Can you tell which 2 rocks I stand on?

No comments: