Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Night @ GOMH

(Grumpy Old Man Willard helps GOM Lee Ander almost land a jumpin bullhead, right after I took this shot the JB came off and dropped down into the water. The whole scenario was quite comical as the fish was too big for Lee Ander to reel up and then with Willard handling the fish in slow motion about 3 inches at a time)

Tonight I had to get out the door in time to hit up the Gross Store because I was down to 4 minnows left and Bear Traxx is closed on Tuesday's. I got in Gross' with 10 minutes to spare at 5:50PM. I noticed these crappie minnows were larger than the one's I've been getting from Bear Traxx. I headed right to the GOMH.

There was a pretty good crowd at the Grumpy Old Man Hole when I arrived tonight. Grumpy Old Men Willard was there of coarse and GOM Lee Ander was fishing from the bridge. There were only 2 guys on the SW side, so that is where I went. The first fish brought in was the jumpin bullhead at the top of this post.

Things went pretty much according to form tonight, fishing started off very slow and got better towards dark. Around 6:30PM Bass Pundit reader Mike B. came through in his Tuffy. He had caught some small sunfish up in Platte and was now going to give Sullivan a try.

A little after 7PM Bucket Man showed up and by 7:30PM his sidekick Kyle was there and Pete arrived right about this time. At this point my bobber had gone under 3 times, but I came up empty each time, probably orange bullheads. An older guy on Pete and my left brought in the first silver bullhead of the night and it was a dandy that I am sure was over 12 inches. My bobber went down and I landed my first fish which was a little toothy bullhead. I think I then landed a couple of jumpin bullheads before I pulled in my first silver bullhead. Some kids on the SE side started getting some orange bullheads.

The bite for silver bullheads was a bit better tonight, I think I landed 7 throwing 2 back and I probably missed 5 good bites. I believe Pete landed 5 keeping 3 and Bucket Man gave us 3 which brought our total take home to 11.

No comments: