Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kids Night at the GOMH

I should have known something was up when a young girl was getting minnows ahead of me at Bear Traxx tonight. Pete and I got out of the house around 6PM stopped at Bear Traxx for bait and were at the GOMH by 6:30PM. When we arrived Grumpy Old Man Willard was there along with the lady (grandmother it turns out) and girl who were at the GOMH the other night; the lady knows Willard. Also Rapala Boy was there with his Dad and younger sister. Another young kid showed up around 7:15PM.

Pete took up a spot on the SW side of the bridge and I just watched for a while as the SW side was kind of full until Rapala Boy and the young girl from Bear Traxx went over to the SE side. I was fishing in "my spot" by 7PM. "My spot" is a couple of rocks that are easy to stand on towards the Western most area of fishable water before the bullrushes start. Maybe I will take a picture of the rocks (stay tuned for that).

As per usual things started slow. Some of the others missed bites and Pete and I had break offs where we had to work to retrieve our bobbers. I believe the Grandma got bit of once or twice. I had yet a second Cubby stolen by a pike and I had enough of that, so I tied on a green hook.

I got my first bite after 7:30PM by a small toothy bullhead. That was followed up by a couple of tiger bullheads (Yes I said it, tiger bullheads). Then I got into 3 jumpin bullheads, including this 17inch class fish.


The silver bullhead fishing was slow on the SW side. I think Rapala Boy's family caught 3 maybe 4 silvers. The grandma and young girl may have been skunked completely, they left around 8PM and Pete got completely skunked.

I got this one huge bullhead.

No comments: