Tuesday, January 04, 2022

1st Trip of 2022

9" Glow Demon/minnow

4:00-6:00PM Bulldog 2021 Spot
20℉, Cloudy, 4-8mph NE

Finally felt well enough to get out and fish. Been dealing with a cold/Rona since the day after Christmas or so. I thought I would be good to go on Monday as I felt much better on Sunday, but it wasn't to be. I had to take advantage of the nice weather before we slipped back into the deep freeze. Guys were set up out from Holy Family when I arrived, but they were packing up, and I passed them as I started out. They had a wheeler. There was a packed path most of the way out. I off-roaded the final 70 feet or so. Fish didn't show up for the first 45-minutes other than one looker that marked big; Pike maybe. I missed my first 4 bites; 3 on a minnow and 1 on THE Jig. I finally got an 8-incher in the hole on THE Jig. As I was taking him off, the bobber went down, and I hooked up with the 9-incher in the picture. The action was slow for the most part. I got more bites on minnows than on the spoon or jigs. I ran out of propane around 5:40 or so. And had my last minnow on the hook by 5:50PM. The last fish came on the Glow Demon Spoon. Called it an early night because it was cold. Should have filled up the tank when I got gas tonight. Oh well.

No comments: