Saturday, November 14, 2020

iPhone Back At the Jetty with Jamar and Kin

 

4.32lbs/23.5" Jerk Shad (Tomato)

6:30-8:45PM North Jetty
33℉, Cloudy/Snow, 3-6mph WNW

I suited up in Eddy's parking lot and didn't notice anyone out on the Jetty when I pulled up and parked. I was almost to where I put my stuff down when I noticed Jamar's stuff sitting where he always puts it. He had gotten a walleye on his first cast of the night (swimbait). That was the only fish they had gotten and had been there for about half an hour. I got my rods rigged. Jamar headed to the N.Corner and Sr, headed for the South Jetty. About 5 minutes later Jamar caught the 5.59lb walleye on a gold Husky Jerk. I didn't get anything at the Harbor Mouth or Pete's Spot. When I was at CSR Jamar lost one at the N. Corner. He went back to the Harbor Mouth, so I went to the N. Corrner. I spied two different eyes in shallow right next to the Jetty to the West of the standing platform. I threw the Tomato Jerk Shad at them and they both swam out to deeper water where I lost sight of them. I threw about 12 casts out to where I figured they would be sitting and eventually the 4lber bit. Jamar went to the North Corner and got a fish as did one of his kin (not sure if it was a brother or cousin). I switched to the Rage Swimmer Jr. It started snowing and I had to get my line, which was getting caught on a knot on the spool straightened out. Sr. caught a fish on the South Jetty on a swimbait. After I go my line situation fixed I missed two bites then hooked up with a skinny 24"/3.94lb walleye. One of Jamar's Crew got a fish at the Harbor Mouth at about the same time. I think they got a couple more and then the bite quit. The snow got heavier and started accumulating on the rocks. I had enough of the wet heavy snow at 8:45 and gave up. I was amazed that once I got to the ridge about a mile to the East of our place on 27 that it went from snow to wet pavement.
Fish Jamar caught after I left on a Jerk Shad


No comments: